Wednesday, March 18, 2009

tengo caca en mi cabeza

I have a silly little infection that is making me even sillier and smellier and dumb. My brain is nublado and full of poop, apparently. On Monday I woke up to ringing ears and beachy sounds and kept going back to sleep. There was a lot of confusion in regards to acquiring a doctor to see me, and when things didn't happen as I had understood they would, I would just... sleep.
Pocho wasn't being a punk on Monday and would cuddle by my feet like he is doing now.
After a really frustrating phone conversation with a doctor enabler, I got someone from the program to call for me which was a huge relief. I will be more patient with people when I answer phones when the caller doesn't speak fluent whatever-I'm-speaking. I tried to learn horseback riding terms in Spanish to make the day productive but after the doctor I ended up watching Ace Ventura and Shakespeare in Love with subtitles on the movie channel.
I think Easter is soon, and it is because I am just now seeing advertisements for Easter things. In comparison with the US, Argentina hangs looser with the advertisements. I have mostly seen little smiley eggs and little smiley chocolate eggs at places that sell those things, but nothing more.
Yesterday I wandered out quite a bit since I had no class and came upon a day long protest that was able to successfully halt traffic on at least 5 major thoroughways. I tried to listen but it was no use! I bopped on over to the port to look at the murky old watercolor water and headed home. I miss nice grocery stores the most, I think. Everything reminds me of Aldi's.
I went with Missa last night to a pubcrawl. It was silly. I did smoke hookah, and then I walked away from the hookah because it wasn't working. I met someone who became permanently attached to my side, walked up to some Argentine men who were mostly just boring and said we should throw a party for their single friend, and then met someone who kept saying no who everytime I said I was from Chicago. In his head I will always be Norwegian, but that does not make it right.
I went to class today and learned nothing new. The placement test is terrible, and the whole class period we went over the difference between three very simple verbs that are so 10 years ago. Then I went to the wrong class on the wrong day, but I think I will switch to it because it was more advanced. I sat through the whole class because it was too embarassing to get up. I wrote down the wrong times for 2 classes of mine, and I'm not sure how I'm ever going to survive in this world when I am always getting the details mixed up.
After my last class I got all hot and panicky because my throat was swelling and my neck was aching and I was sweating and felt like I was turning into the hulk. Since my walk home is quite a ways, I tried not to get flustered by the too narrow sidewalks for the too many bodies and made fun out of the cracks and dips and breaks in the sidewalk as if I were winning the game everytime I didn't trip. I also started humming somewhere over the rainbow, but then I just felt weeeird. People walking in pairs are lucky and eeevil because they don't move over for you when you are walking, and then you end up walking in the street with the speeding buses and motos and bikes and taxis. Could you call that Social Darwinism?
I am about to start my second roll of toilet paper of the day for booger disposal. When you spend most of your day blowing your nose, you get to feeling like quite the booger.

No comments:

Post a Comment