Saturday, March 14, 2009

mysterious magneticism in the bag pipe cabaret

I found myself listening to pretty new Bright Eyes lyrics today. What I appreciate about them is the weaving of the words that describe what they see around them. Especially this: I'm a cartoon, you're a moon, just stay up. Mm, if life were quite that abstract, those are the sentences I would utter without a second thought.
I noticed more kitties in the building today. I opened the giant window by the living room that generally leads me to nothing but noticing a blank concrete slate patio the floor below. I can't believe anyone would let a patio go to such waste! Anyways, there was a smiling cross-eyed siamese this time that looked the regal way most cats look when they are balanced.
I found a cabaret musical theatre one block away. It's rare for anyone to be white in my neighborhood. I like that feeling. Bagpipes are regularly playing when I enter the apartment building. A strange person called today, and I think I know who it is. I asked who they were, and they got weird and shy and said their full name. He was hung up on due to ambiguity and all around weirdness. It brought me back to kindergarten which is not healthy considering the period of maturation that was supposed to have followed.
Yummy bean dessert at a nearby restaurant followed by samba or cabaret or wine bar or acrobatics or magicians. The definite factor is the storm that brings bright light tramps skipping through the windows on the streets and makes you smile at strangers and dance on the corner. I am finding myself always in a spinning frenzy. I like to play games with other people's eyes sometimes when I know I am in control on the dance floor and surrounded by friendly faces. Sometimes I pretend I am trying to make a sandwich and the other person is the bread and all of my friends are the meaty part, and I must put as much inside of the sandwich as possible to separate me from the other piece of bread and then I get away. I only played that game once last night, actually, when I started dancing very badly and then very well, and then I laughed a lot and filled up the sandwich.
My feet came back purple. I spent a lot of time scrubbing the purple (think raisin or eggplant purple) off of my mocassins in the sink today. My heels are still purple, and I think I really love being a little dirty.
I'm getting a little Pocho kitty to watch starting at noon tomorrow for the next two weeks. Little Pocho kitty will get to meet cross eyed kitty and big kitty tomorrow too. Chau, I hope it is storming wherever you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment