Thursday, March 5, 2009

impromptu city

Yesterday included an accidental tour of the city, and there were lots of beaaautiful parts. After entering the bus on the wrong street and not remembering the protocol of colectivo use since it was another first for me, we were an hour and a half away from where we should have been. I saw a lot of lush greenery, a giant diner with a huge neon flamingo out front, ditzy chicks, and a beautiful little barrio of Buenos Aires I do not know the name of. It was full of mansions and teenier houses painted beautiful colors with jungles and forests and oh my tea is done!
The barrio had the cutest nurseries and little kid-friendly shops and happy babies in strollers passing storefronts full of delicous baked goods and brain enhancing things and stickers. I was giggling because we had been on the bus for 2 hours at this point, and it was so lovely. Two little girls were making fun of us and whispering with their little shiny, bright rain jackets, and I couldn't have imagined a better way of spending a rainy afternoon. I love being fallible.
Today was also lovely, and I nearly cried again because everything was so beautiful. We went to Plaza San Martin and took pictures with the united buddy bears that have been touring the world since 2004. The United Buddy Bears: http://www.buddy-baer.com/
I met 1/2 of the couple responsible for this, and I was so happy to meet him I didn't want to let go of his hand. Oh I love people doing beautiful things! I also had a yummy cookie just before this and hadn't thought the day could get any better so quickly.
I also talked to lots more lovely people today, and I am bubbling over with optimism. I popped into a book shop on the way home and found something wonderful and popped into the supermarket and found wine wonderful, and now my window is calling my feet to come dangle. I am answering the call. Chau chau chau, as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment