Wednesday, February 25, 2009

ahhh no sleep

I have met so many people from here and Colombia, and it is so lovely. Everyone is on vacation and wanting to chat for so long.
A man from Colombia came and sat down next to us while we watched some boys playing soccer. He liked to speak a great deal, and I don't ever know what to make of that. He kept quoting poems. In the end we lost him because he walked up to another pair of girls he wanted to chat with. I do think he was trying to take us to the sex room. La Boca's colors make you feel like you are hanging out in a box of Crayolas. If that were so, everything would have melted. We snacked and watched a tango show. I think it must be easyish to do if you think of foreplay the entire time, a lot of wrapping legs and things. A boy from La Boca saved us from heading to Las Barraccas at night. When we were headed that way he said, "Son loca?" Though we knew he told us how to say don't bother me and also not to talk to strangers and where we can get back safely. Thank you Axle! He also gave me a cigarette. Thank you Axle!
I went to a grocery store for the first time also. I didn't see fresh food at this one so I only purchased wine. I got 2 litros of wine and 2 litros of beers for 6 dollars? Holy moley.
We popped into a bank transformed into a bar-club that turned out to be quite fun. I met some from Chile, some from Buenos Aires, and one beautiful one from Colombia. The dj was playing boring music, but you could still dance to it. Alex, we will promote you. I will be your gig pusher. Easy. I did not take ecstasy nor go home with strangers, but I did do other things. The bartenders are rather dumb and pretty, and they give you quite a lot to drink. Walking home was beautiful as well, and there are vast expanses of greenery amidst the trash and the dog poop and buildings. I love the area we were walking in. It's hot even in my room. I am napping while I wait for Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment