Friday, September 18, 2009

The flu can come at the most encouraging times. Last night, I found myself running in a panic with a stuffy nose and stuffed brain, delusional and sweating. Like most recent Thursdays, I'd come from playing hide-and-seek, freeze-tag across the river with a will to cheat, avoiding the dreaded task of "it." People are much more delusional after an hour in the sun of hiding and bolting, to say the least. Of course, I can find time to check out 30 early beginner books at the library/choose 3 and write an extremely detailed reasoning as to why you chose them including a lesson plan, get my wallet and come back for a long-awaited meeting, come home, write an outline for my thesis, write an outline for my article, write a response to linguistic theory, watch Mary Poppins, and be in bed by 10.
It also occurs to me that white blood cells are worth their weight in gold, which is extremely valuable these days. If that statement were monetarily true, I could repay all of my student loans. Those of you who can handle having 8 oz + of plasma drawn from you twice weekly must be higher up on the evolutionary ladder than I.
I have replaced a music library with the sounds erratic humming, cricket sounds, and high-pitched mews; while young adult novels and nice people at Thai Flavors who will special-make drunken fried rice and lemongrass soup have filled the gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment