Monday, May 25, 2009

Tuesday marked the first day I participated in trapeze class with the best partner possible, Sam. It is, perhaps, my favorite place in the city and caused a great deal of soreness this whole week. I learned the mechanics of climbing silk, though, my arms are rather weak and have trouble hanging on for a terribly long time. Also, I hung upside down on the trapeze for a bit of time, but I couldn't scrounge up enough energy to get on once more as the lead up to practicing was very, extremely taxing.
I'm writing a story to Elena that I must return to quite soon, and I love her and am thinking of her and her brother. I want her to know this!
The art fair was the greatest playground. I'm going to return on a less busy day and do all of the interactive features and make my own strange painting and snap the best shots of the best things and sit in the installment of my favorite gallery, Appetit, long enough for the people who work there to speak to me about sleepovers and the movement of the stickers on their paintings, which means I need to learn how to say sleepovers and stickers in Spanish.
A large bag of clothes has made its way here from a friend and has made the closet quite a fun place to dig around in. Though I have been surrounded by some people who have the most fun with their clothes, and it gets me thinking about lots of things and also retooling. I am plotting a way to see a new friend play in her medieval band.
I went to Tigre with Missa on Saturday and spent a day in the sun eating food and ice cream with a cute family in a very ritzy suburb with babies by a lake with swans and sailboats.
I must focus on my Brazil project which makes me think more of getting there than learning more about the economy. I am cutting out Bolivia from my agenda and replacing it with Brazil. Duh?

No comments:

Post a Comment